Not sure how to proceed with your documentation project? Need to build a business case for it? Then you need roadmapping.
What it is
Roadmapping is a low-cost, low-commitment way to:
- overcome the inertia of 'getting started'
- check whether your goals are sound before you're heavily invested in a course of action
- gain a firm baseline for follow-up work and boost your business case
- work with me and build confidence before you engage me for a large project
Small cost, big rewards. Take the guesswork out of your project planning.
Why you need it
Before starting on any journey, it’s wise to plan ahead. I offer the Motive Content Roadmapping service to help you understand:
- where you’ll be going
- how long it will take to get there
- how much fuel (budget) you should expect to use
- what risks we may face along the way
Only then can you choose the best route (and be prepared for any unplanned detours).
What to expect from the process
The roadmapping process includes both active collaboration between us, and my independent analysis of information and materials you supply.
Typically, we’ll have a single meeting (or extended conference call), plus some email exchanges and short telephone conversations.
What you'll get
On completion, you’ll have a clear and concise 'documentation roadmap'. This sets out recommendations and expectations for your project, based on our joint findings. and typically consists of:
- documentation proposal
- documentation design plan
- documentation project plan
Your bespoke roadmap will help you solve the problems your business faces as quickly, safely, and economically as possible.
When you'll get it
Turn-around time is normally within 10 working days from completion of our roadmapping session, but we'll discuss this for your case.